Ocean Way Nashville Recording Studios is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Please review the following Safety Procedures before your session.
Screen all employees daily including temperature scans
- For safety reasons we consider musicians in the same way as employees and will require temp scans prior to entering the live room.
- Each person entering the premises to work will be required to sign an Acknowledgment of COVID-19 Health Risk and Safety and Health Procedures.
- All persons entering the building for work will be required to wear masks at all times.
Operate at reduced capacity.
- Capacities will allow for appropriate social distancing
- Only essential personnel will be admitted into the studios.
- During recording sessions, non-essential personnel will not be allowed in the control rooms and under no circumstances can there be more than 6 people in each control room.
Distancing in setups, studios and common areas
- No vocals recorded live in the control room.
- Only essential personnel will be admitted to sessions.
- Each musician will need to bring their personal headphones (with ¼” jack) and keep them clean.
- Each musician will have their own music stand so charts will need to be printed accordingly.
- OWN has marked up floors to indicate and encourage personal distance by remaining 6’ apart as recommended by CDC. Avoid gathering in the front lobby.
- Front Desk now has a plexiglass wind screen to ensure safety of the person sitting at the desk.
Clean facilities and set explicit guidelines to maintain hygiene
- OWN staff (wearing PPE) will disinfect all common areas, high touch doors and surfaces after each musician break using a commercial grade disinfectant.
- All touchable surfaces disinfected each night after sessions by wiping with commercial grade disinfectant.
- Use wipeable covers for all commonly touched computer keyboards.
- Engineers should wear facial coverings at all times and gloves whenever they need to enter a performance space.
- Microphones disinfected daily after use.
- All staff, engineers and musicians will be required to wear face masks while on premises. The exception will be for wind instruments or vocalists that cannot perform with facial covering, in which case they will either play in a separate space (isolation room or barriers between each musician). Musicians and engineers will be required to provide their own masks or purchase one from OWN at a price of $2.50/each, billed to the project on which they are working.
Self-service and shared condiments are not allowed.
- To avoid contact, we will not offer coffee, tea or any kind of food. We suggest that each musician bring their own coffee or beverage, water bottle (can be refilled on site) and food for snacks and lunch.